Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Morning, a poem by Rojan Zét

Morning

After daybreak the sun's greeting,
together meeting today's bright venture
sharing simply a moment's transition,
shaking away the blanket's position
marking the bed where we lay this night.
Rojan Zét is the resident poet of the Cowichan Valley Arts Café
Darkness gone, we could sit illuminated
with small birds twittering, quiet in a
corner, diamond lips sipping, and gaze
at liquid covering Saltspring's feet
under the table nudging, nudging.

How long could we float there before
springing to life; the mere thought
raises my soul to puppeteer lifting
the corners of my lips, twisting my
torso, elevating my elbows.

I imagine the slow blink of your eyes,
see the lashes fall and rise - opened
windows to sunshine and blue skies.

Rojan Zét

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Rojan.

    I am sitting on the deck of a cottage on Gabriola Island with my partner enjoying the sunrise.

    On this fine day, your poem "Morning" is the perfect companion to my cup of coffee. Thank you for an inspirational start to our day!

    ReplyDelete