Sunday, February 7, 2010

Harold Alfred, Native American artist

Harold Alfred, an estalished Kwakwaka'wakw Native American artist, contacted me (Ron Greenaway) about having an artist listing on the Island Artist Directory.

Harold Alfred wrote:

"Could you please add my site to your... Island Artists Directory? My site is at http://haroldalfred.com
Visit Harold Alfred, Native American artist online
I did the site myself and I have found that getting exposure for my site is as much a challenge as creating it and any assistance in exposure would be greatly appreciated.

My site includes Northwest coast native artwork in jewellery, stained glass, carvings, prints and totem poles. I also have a section on corporate gifts as well as links to native youtube sites.

Thank you,
Harold Alfred
yalis@shaw.ca"


http://haroldalfred.com


Ron Greenaway wrote:

"Hello Harold,

It is with pleasure that I have added a listing for you on the Island Artist Directory.

Besides being webmaster for many artists and arts groups in the Cowichan Valley, I have also been the Totem Tour Guide in Duncan (City of Totems) for the past 6 years, so I am familiar with some of your work.

Including an image of your totem pole in downtown Duncan and a link to your movie on You Tube, I have (also) created a post for you on the Cowichan Valley Arts Billboard (and the Cowichan Valley Arts Café).

I hope this meets with your approval.

Thank you for participating...

Ron Greenaway"



Harold Alfred wrote:

"Ron
Thanks for doing the links. The last time I was talking to Judy Hill I told her I was going to add .com to my name on the pole.


Thanks again.

Harold"



...and so it goes...

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Ron,

    Artisans like us really do appreciate the service you provide.

    Cheers,
    Sandra & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ron
    I am hoping I may put an announcement on the billboard for my upcoming show.

    My name is Jeanne Aten.

    Thank you so much for providing this service.

    The information on the site is very eye catching.

    Jeanne Aten

    ReplyDelete