Friday, July 2, 2010

Paul Fletcher, fotographer

Profile of an Artist

Artwork by Paul Fletcher
Artwork by Paul Fletcher
As a traveler I am always searching for the image. I thirst for this experience, the discovery of a new image, one that is etched in my memory the moment it is seen or the moment the shutter is pressed.

Sometimes I see something that is not quite there, a visual enticement that does not show itself fully. Sometimes I have to search with my bare eye, or sometimes with my eye pressed tight to the viewfinder. Doesn’t matter, it’s all in the seeing. The sub-conscious guidance to the perfect visual end has to be trusted without physical intervention. This is when the magic happens and the inner voice whispers Now!, and I trip the shutter. There is nothing to review to confirm the certainty of success. It is already known.

Please share my joy at www.fletcherfoto.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment