Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cowichan Bay

Sight -
My sliding sidelong glance caught
your eyes at the windows of my soul
and there I stopped - on yours,
brown and moist land against
the blue sea, mine.
I felt your glance, surprised to
find it there. Amazed that I could
see where once I bumped my way to
walls, to trees, to open air
apprehending my surroundings.
How your tongue found its way to
my eyes I cannot say; how your saliva
healed me I do not know, but now
I marvel at your perfect teeth and
leap my way home to put a mirror
on my ceiling.
Rojan Zét is the resident poet of the Cowichan Valley Arts Café
Her Name -
Muse me, move me, use but don't abuse me.
Yours for a month, to see and do, one
August is pleasure for me with you.
As sure as winter, we'll say goodbye
but never forget what you did for my eye.

Suggestive -
I suggest you take your pretty face
with your perfect teeth and bring them
to my table so together some friday night
alone until sunday's french toast melts in
your mouth we can dine and dine and
dine.

Closing Time -
Evening darkens, lights come on,
musicians play their final song
while patrons take their leave and
fly to homes and families nearby.
Coffee's poured, the door is locked,
dishes stowed while boats are docked,
cars unpark and drive away, I
take my things and go my way.
Lights in the harbour nod and wink,
our feet step upward while we think
of summer and the setting sun
- a moment that has just begun.


Rojan Zét

No comments:

Post a Comment