Thursday, June 3, 2010

Money DOES grow on trees....by Julie Nygaard

Spring Blossoms, artwork by Julie Nygaard
Spring Blossoms, 2008
artwork by Julie Nygaard

Well, this morning I had my daughter remind me that "money does grow on trees..."
The conversation was started by my son who constantly is in the "want" mode - I have tried to explain to him that we all have "wants" though we have to deal with "needs" first....basic, everyday stuff - bills, food, etc.....I tried to explain to him that money does not grow on trees and that it is good to "want" things (Lego, games, etc..) and if he saves his allowance and does his chores his "wants" will be reality. My daughter was very quick on telling me in her biggest voice - "Mommy, paper is from trees...so, money is from trees...there are alot of trees right Mommy?" - now, this was a "lets put my foot in my mouth moment"...how was I suppose to answer back to my 6 year old? I did tell her that she was right......I guess money does grow on trees, we just have to find one!

~ Julie Nygaard

No comments:

Post a Comment